Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Model Creation Experience

First thing I want to say about MCR: I loved this class!!!!


The first project was a garage scene which we had to fill up with props. So in the above image, all of the lighter grey objects were created by me. Here is a close up:


The second project was a cafe scene, and for this one, I modeled everything except for the building and anything in it/on it.


That is a lot of stuff!!! I made some extra little props for the table that weren't part of the minimum requirements. (I did not make the creme puff thing on the plate though.) Here is a close up:


The third project was a quick one. We were just learning how to map out UVs on models. Basically UVs are just little maps on the surface of your models which tell your textures where to lay on the model. For some reason this is the modeler's job and not the texturer's so we had to learn that this month. It's nothing too special to show, but it can be tricky. It takes some critical thinking sometimes. But once you get a feel for it, it's easy stuff.


Lastly, we had to recreate an entire scene based off of a photograph! This project was SUPER fun for me. I loved modeling everything like all the little trinkets. Here is the reference photo that we had to use. (There were several options for this project, I just liked the look of this office.)


I am so going to try modeling my scene version of this after I master texturing! :) I am currently taking my Shading and lighting class. So by the end of the month I may be able to even better recreate this photo! I hope anyways. My grade for MCR? 97%! Yeah, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment