Sunday, September 16, 2012

Doodling


I have a new found love of doodling. I created a journal for the sole purpose of daily doodling and creative exercise. Here I was doing a super speedy doodle on my tablet in Photoshop as an experiment and for practice. I find that doodling really loosens up the creativity in me. When anything goes, it is so easy to just let the art come to you.

The trick is to go as fast as possible and without really thinking about it too much. Once you get the hang of it, it really opens something up. I am glad that I have found the art of doodling, and I recommend anyone with a desire to be more creative give it a try. It's just an exercise. Just like your muscles, your creativity needs very regular exercise. It teaches you to take risks, to trust yourself, and to think in new ways other than your old and concrete way of thinking.

Looking forward to sharing more doodles with you all for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment