Monday, October 8, 2012

Art 1: Project 2


This is my second project for Art 1! I am pretty pleased with it, and it was a lot of fun to make. We were instructed to portray a scene with drama and emotion without the use of value or anything like that. Only line and shape in black or white.

I don't know why I chose this particular scene. It just sort of popped into my head when I was trying to come up with an idea for the project. So I just went with it. Creating the actual figures in the image was pretty easy and didn't take very long. The part that I spent the most time on was in rearranging everything and adjusting the size and shape of things to create a well balanced composition.

I most wanted to capture the feeling of fast movement in this piece. So I hope it travels your eye around and about the picture quite quickly. I know it does mine but maybe that's just because I've been staring at it for days and I'm constantly looking for things to change or improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment