Monday, August 27, 2012

First Attempts

I've always started trying to learn digital paint by going into a full on portrait of someone. That's silly. We start with stick figures. Or...well, I decided to start with a candle.

This was an experiment with paint brush "flow." The percentage of flow is basically how easily the paint comes off the brush. It's like opacity but slightly different. I love how it can create a "soft" effect. It will be really useful for making things glowy for example. That's why I tried out a candle.

I know, I know. It's pretty sad looking. But it was just for practice and really just to test out varying levels of flow and opacity with different brush hardnesses. I've figured out that a softer brush will create a more glowy effect. Also there is not much use in a hard brush with a low flow. It just makes things look messy. That's why the actual candle part itself looks so...sloppy.

Anyways, here it is. A....pretty picture?


No comments:

Post a Comment